This page contains the Editing guideline of Kekkaishi Wiki.
- The contents of the articles should be unbiased. Editors are not supposed to write their own opinions. Only the things mentioned in the anime or manga should be written.
- Do not be over specific, or write a large description about a small event. Be as specific as necessary.
- Do not add unnecessary information to the articles.
- In general, content should be written in a style appropriate for an encyclopedia. Descriptions should be clear and precise; speculations or uncertain facts should be avoided.
- Articles should be written in present tense. Exceptions are the events related to past, like flashbacks.
- No attribution or date should be mentioned in the articles.
- Articles should be written in second or third person.
- First person articles should not be included in articles. If editors want to discuss, they can visit the discussion pages.
- American English is preferred for articles.
- Rōmaji or Kanji is used for the translation of names etc.
- Lyrics for Opening or Ending song can be in English, Rōmaji and kanji as well.
- Articles shouldn't be heavily linked.
- A page should be linked only once, on its first occurrence.
- Exceptions may be infoboxes, or list/tables of characters.
- Article's names and links should not be overcapitalized.
- When used in a sentence, links should follow normal grammatical sentence structure, so unless it's a proper noun don't capitalize it.
- Common words shouldn't be capitalized unnecessarily only because its a link.
- New users should read Wiki Help.
- Any article is supposed to be formatted in a constructive manner. No unnecessary text or information should be added.
- Editors are supposed to bold the name of an article the first time it appears in the article itself. The same applies to any alternative name of that article.
- Some important or newly introduced terms maybe be in bold.
- Text shouldn't be in bold for general emphasis. Editors can use double inverted commas (") or italics in some places.
- Italics can be used for general emphasis, but in a controlled manner.
- Articles shouldn't be spammed with text in Italic.
- Underlined text should be avoided. Articles are not supposed to contain underlined text.
- Avoid using ALL CAPS.
- Avoid using bold and italic together.
- Avoid bold for general emphasis.
- Only important words should be emphasized. Use emphasis only when necessary.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.